CEREBRATION 2017 is an IQ based challenge that aims at celebrating intellectual geniuses. The IQ Challenge is proudly organised by D_Daniels’ Group in partnership with the Youth Friendly Resource Centre, in search of UNNs greatest intellectual geniuses for the year 2017.
The Challenge seeks to bridge the divide between academic proficiency and general intellectual sagacity. Thus, questions would range from areas such as brain teasers, spelling bee, interview-like questions, maze-like & jig-saw puzzles, real life situations poised questions, and general knowledge, with time and accuracy as the basic factors for grading the participants.
The competition will run in five stages from the 29th of May to the 10th of June, 2017. Details of the stages are as stated below:
STAGE 1 (Prelim Stage): Participants will be tested individually at the faculty level. Questions from this stage would be partly IQ-based and the rest would be disciplinary as set by their respective faculties. Participants who cross the cutoff grade qualify into the next stage.
STAGE 2 (Faculty Stage) : This is also expected to be a written IQ based quiz from which the best five from each faculty would qualify for the next stage, where they would be randomly arranged into teams (of five) for the next stage.
STAGE 3 (Group Stage): In this stage, the various teams consisting of persons from varying faculties will compete against each other, from which the best four teams will be selected.
STAGE 4 (Semi-Final Stage): This is the semi-final stage where the 20 people left will compete individually. From amongst these, the best five participants qualify as finalists.
STAGE 5 (Final): This is the final stage, where the five finalists get to compete for the ultimate prize.
- All undergraduates in all departments and faculties in the University of Nigeria (Nsukka and Enugu Campuses) are eligible to register.
- Interested participants may be in any level or class.
Interested candidates from the various departments and faculties cutting across the both campuses (Enugu and Nsukka) are expected to:
- be fully abreast with the nature of the Challenge,
- take our online test which serves as a training platform for the participants,
- pay the registration fee of #1,500 (One thousand and five hundred Naira),
Account Name: D_Daniels’ Academy Group
Account Number: 6060152870
Account Bank: FIDELITY BANK PLC., and
- upload proof of payment and complete the registration process.
PRIZES AND AWARDS:
- Winner goes home with a 3 year Scholarship (cash) + a laptop.
- The first runner up goes with a 2 year Scholarship (cash).
- The second runner up goes with a 1 year scholarship (cash).
- All finalists gets a Medal of Honour.
- All Faculty representatives (from stage 3) would receive Certificates of Participation.
- Best Faculty award goes to the best faculty with outstanding participants.
Registration starts on April 10th.
Follow updates and posts on either of our facebook pages:
- CEREBRATION 2017
- The MADE In Nigeria Initiative
or follow our tweets and Instagram page: @ddanielsng